Friday, November 13, 2009

First Day of School

Ah, so it's been awhile since my last post...on top of the house transition I decided to switch jobs too. Life just can never be too boring for me! Or status quo, I should say...

Starting a new job brings me back to those first few days of school, except it's like you also transferred school districts. The predictability element of who will be there is no longer present, yet the familiar questions still persist: What to wear? Do I bring a lunch? Will they like me? Who will I sit next to? All of these questions kept me up most of the night before my first day, my stomach in knots...and I felt like a teenager again, obsessing over "the perfect outfit" or "the perfect lunch". Verdict? I usually ended up hating whatever outfit I picked, and ran out of time to make my lunch. HA! I repeated this same sequence last week for my first day.

So far, I'm closing in on my second week and I still don't have a lunch buddy, am getting better at the office attire, and at least have had a few meaningful conversations with my co-workers. However, the "lunch pool" is pretty small (I'm one of 8, and the only girl!), so that part I guess will just take time. For now, Macy's Holiday displays during my lunchtime walks have been keeping my spirits bright....fah la la la!
(And no, I haven't bought anything- yet- thank you...)

No comments:

Post a Comment