Friday, April 23, 2010

What blog?

The other day it occurred to me that it's been FOREVER since I posted. I partially forgot I had a blog...pregnancy brain already??

Needless to say, my first trimester was completely overwhelming. I didn't think having a baby on top of starting grad school, a new job, and building a house was possible. I truly believe there's a reason why you are pregnant for 9 months- it takes that long to mentally adjust and be ready for the baby!

Each week I adapted to the idea a little more...now my belly is really growing (I still look in the mirror and have to remind myself it's a baby- not a beer belly!), I'm really starting to understand the concept that in 5 1/2 months it won't just be Dave & I! I've gone from freak-out to excitement mode, with plenty of nausea, tossing my cookies, headaches and general exhaustion between the two emotions.

I finally feel like myself again, well as close as I can get right now... I had just a little bit of an "edge" to me that first trimester, so maybe it was better I didn't post too much :)

In other news we've officially decided to keep the baby's sex a surprise- if I have to get through child birth I figured that would motivate me to push! I totally think it's a girl and am obsessed with any wives tale stories...according to Chinese Gender Calculators (http://www.thebump.com/calculators/ChineseGenderChart.aspx?MsdVisit=1), "timing" and ahem positions...among other methods of telling (plus my undying FRUIT obsession) I am convinced. I guess we will just find out October 17th when this little one makes its debut!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm so excited you guys decided to wait to find out the gender!!! October 17th, we'll put it in our calendar! :) Means you might not make it to the Pumpkin Carving Massacre this year, that's ok, we might forgive you :)

    ReplyDelete